Thursday, January 30, 2014

Favorite cookbook

Do you have a favorite Paleo cookbook? I do!  It is Well Fed .  Hands down it has the most delicious recipes.  Last night I made the pad Thai recipe.  It was time consuming as I doubled the recipe and also did not prepare very well for it (should have made the sunshine sauce in advance, though I did grill the chicken the night before.). But it was all well worth it.  My kids even loved it!
Next time I plan on adding a little fish sauce to make the flavor more authentic. The lime juice and fresh cilantro added a nice touch as well.

I decided that I am going to cook my way through the book.  I have made quite a few of the dishes, but I am going to try all of them now.  You know, like that girl who did the blog about cooking all of the recipes in the Art of French Cooking.  Except these recipes are much easier and no one is going to make a movie out  of my experiences.

There is a Well Fed 2 book out as well!  Alas, I do not own it yet.  Yet.

Oh- I couldn't find any sun butter without sugar or nasty canola oil added to it, so I made my own.  It was easy, just time consuming.  I only added salt and EVOO.  It is really yummy. I will make my own from now on.  :)


On another note, have you ever tried pumpkin seed butter?  Sounds yummy right?  WRONG!  I paid $18 for a jar and it was foul.  I know we were expecting pumpkin pie, but it didn't even taste like yummy roasted pumpkin seeds.  Don't buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment