Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Breffis and sweet potatoes or yams?

Know what I discovered upon moving (back) to California?  

Yams and sweet potatoes are not the same thing!  What I had been calling sweet potatoes and the East coast grocery stores called that as well were actually YAMS!  I really thought they were one in the same.  

But upon visiting the local grocery store I found two bins- one with sweet potatoes and the other with yams.  The yams have more color. If you look at the picture of my sweet potato fries you will see they almost look like regular ole' Idaho white potatoes (they have paprika on them hence the color.) But they are not.  And I think they are a little sweeter than yams.  Very yummy in either case.

My breffis (breakfast) (as we jokingly call it in our house), consists of leftover sweet potato fries and a chicken thigh.  I topped the chicken with two sunny side up eggs and added a good measure of homemade mayo on the side.

Here's to making it a great day. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment